Thursday, June 25, 2009

More Stuff Happening...

Dear Friends,
A quick update from the Mears!!

- Lane is currently on a scouting trip to Kenya for a week to find us a place to live, meet folks at the IJM office, and get a feel for the city before the whole family arrives. Here is an email from Lane...

I arrived in Nairobi last night after nearly 24 hours of travel. All is well. I spent today looking at apartments/houses for us to live in this next year, and saw a couple that are real possibilities. I met the IJM staff I will be working with, had lunch with a couple of them, and it is now 5pm local time and I am seriously jet-lagging.

Thank you for praying for me during this trip. Please continue to pray that I would find the right apartment/house/condo for us as a family. Please also pray for the IJM staff, as they are in the midst of investigating and/or prosecuting several key cases right now. I am so looking forward to being a part of this team and using my legal skills to fight for justice for those here in Jesus' name. Tomorrow I will visit Caleb's school and look at a few more housing possibilities.

- Good news...we jumped to 60% of our budget raised in the last week. Thank you Lord! We are praying now for the remaining amount to get us all of the way there. Our goal is to get there before school starts on August 10th.
Pray with us that God would provide the funds for us to get to Kenya to do this amazing work!

- Our friend, Tom Landis, is hosting a Fund-raising dinner at Texadelphia in Dallas at Lovers & Greenville on Saturday June 27, 6-8pm. Cost is $20 per person for all-you-can eat. Wohoo! Pray for lots of people to come!

- We are also having a Dessert and Info night in Austin at 7pm on Thursday July 2nd at the "Awake, Awake" coffee shop on 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd (same building as Hope in the City church). Mark your calendars, we'd love to see you there!

- Keep praying for us to find renters for our house. We have had a few nibbles. Pray for the right folks.

Many blessings to you!
Anna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails