Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Luggage Arrived!

All,
Sorry for the lack of communications so far, but we have not had internet access much at all yet. Hopefully, we will have regular access soon. I am at a coffee house in a local mall with very slow internet, so this update will be a little short, but I will try to give as much info as I can.

As Anna told you some of you in her initial update, we had an adventure getting here. Since then, praise God all of our luggage has arrived. It was on the same flight we were on, only the next day, so all is good on that front. Caleb and Abigail are doing wonderfully with their sleep, seemingly not jet-lagging at all. Luke, not so much. He is really struggling with his sleep cycles, which, of course, is causing me and Anna to miss a lot of sleep. This is all exacerbated by the fact that our place (which is very nice, by the way) is all tile with nothing on the walls, so everything echoes, including little baby wails. Please pray that Luke would quickly get over his jet lag.

Also, Luke has had diarrhea for 2 days now. He is eating and drinking fine, so we are not worried about any sickness or dehydration, but please just pray that this would pass (nice pun, huh?), too.

With the lack of sleep Anna and I are getting, and the "settling in", Anna and I are feeling a little overwhelmed with family life right now, so once again, please pray for us that we would rest and have extra grace and patience with the kiddoes and each other.

We did go out to Caleb's school on Thursday and talked with his teacher and toured the grounds. It is a very nice and beautiful place. Caleb is really excited about the playgrounds. There is a student/parent orientation on Monday morning and school starts on Tuesday. I think I will start work on Tuesday as well.

Other little tid-bits: I bought a stove today that we'll be able to sell when we leave next year; it's been nice and chilly and night and even a bit during the day (August is the coldest month of the year - I have a fleece on as I type); I haven't missed baseball that much (talk about miracles!).

Anyway, we love and miss you all and look forward to having internet access at home to we can start communicating more regularly.

Peace,
Lane, for the Kenya Mears

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails