Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Leavin' on a Jetplane

All,

Today is the day! We board American Airlines flight #50 at 4:45pm today for London Heathrow on our way to Nairobi for our year overseas with International Justice Mission. It's a bit surreal that the departure day is here. We've been so wrapped up in the details of packing and moving that for a while now our eyes have been off the ball of why we're going. When we lose sight of why we're going, we can very easily slip into being overwhelmed, fearful, and stressed. Please pray with us that as we travel today God would bring to mind anew why He has called us to this. Even this morning as I was praying, I was thinking of the women and children who have suffered unjustly, and the men who have languished in prison for no good reason, and I am excited to go and do the good work of justice you all have made it possible for me to do.


Please pray that we would have good connection time with our families today before we leave. We want to bless them and end our time here well. Please also pray for us as we travel, that the kids would travel well, sleep, and that we would all arrive without any (new) sickness, and that our luggage would arrive intact with us. We arrive in Nairobi at 8:55pm local time Wednesday (12:55pm CST Wed).


Please pray for peace in every respect for the next week, as we travel, get over jetlag, and settle into life in Nairobi. Caleb's school starts next Tuesday, as will my job, so we will only have a few days of "settling in" but we look forward to that time of exploring the city. Please pray for new friends for us and the kids.


We will update everyone as soon as we can upon arrival in Kenya, although I am not sure how soon I will have internet access.

Once again, Anna and I thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all of your love, prayers, and support in making this year with IJM in Kenya possible. I intend to do all I can to make sure those who have suffered here have stories of thankfulness to pass onto you there by the time the year is over.

Peace,

Lane, on behalf of Anna and the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lane & Anna,
Thank you for spending a little time with us before your departure. We tried to keep it meaningful for you and the kids. It is my prayer for you that you can remain positive while surrounded by so much poverty and injustice and of course, your health and safety. Keep in touch often. Love, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails